Skip to main content
- Ulcer: An area of variable size and depth in which the lining of the GI tract has eroded away.
- Ulcerative Colitis: A form of IBD in which inflammation occurs in a contiguous pattern in the inner layers of the large intestine.
- Upper GI Series: See Upper GI X-Ray.
- Upper GI X-Ray: A series of X-rays taken of the esophagus and stomach after one drinks a large glass of liquid barium. If X-rays of the small bowel are also included, it is called an Upper GI X-Ray with Small Bowel Follow-Through.
- Urticaria: A raised rash characterized by its itchiness, and often the result of an allergic response to food or medicine. See Hives.